How to install ADONIS:CE
Before we begin please make sure that all the following requirements are met:
a) supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10. 64 bit version is recommended. (If you are MacOS user or don’t want to install anything please take a look at our cloud software)
b) administrator rights (necessary for the database engine installation and ODBC setup)
c) internet access (only during the installation)
In order to install ADONIS:CE please follow the steps below:
1) Register on www.adonis-community.com
2) Check the confirmation e-mail and download the installation package (ZIP file).
3) Switch to the download directory and extract the compressed “.zip” file to e.g. c:\ACE directory. This can be done by double-clicking or right-click and “extract” – depending on your system configuration.
4) Switch to the target folder, right click the setup.exe and select “Run as Administrator”
5) Now the setup will automatically download and install necessary components (e.g. SQL Server) and afterwards install ADONIS:CE. This may take a few minutes and you do not need to do anything.
NOTE: Please make sure you have an internet access during the installation and that your C drive is not compressed (as this will cause SQL Server installation to fail).
IMPORTANT: If you registered on www.adonis-community.com prior to Jun 9th 2015 please note that we changed our website mechanism and you no longer need to login to download the installation package. On June 9th 2015 all existing users received e-mail titled “New ADONIS:Community page” with the new download link.
Below you can also find answers for the most common problems:
1) After running the installation, message about missing files appears
Error message similar to this one appears during the installation: Windows cannot find tools\asetup\asetup.exe
This type of errors suggests that setup was started directly from the ZIP archive. Please make sure you extract the ZIP to e.g. c:\ACE and start setup.exe from there (best approach is to right-click and select “Run as Administrator”)
2) “Database adonisdb not found” error on application startup
During application startup login screen appears and error message “Database adonisdb not found appears
This type of errors usually happens if SQL Server was turned off e.g. by a program for tuning system performance or Windows updates. In Windows 10 this also happens if there are pending updates.
Go to Control Panel>Services and check for “SQL Server (ADONISCE30)”. If it is not running, start it and ADONIS:CE should work normally again.
3) “An unrecoverable error occured” message on startup in Windows 10 Hungarian edition
Users of Windows 10 Hungarian may experience following message at startup:
An unrecoverable error occured
A crash dump file was written to
It happens also if users update from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 Hungarian.
Reason is change of the value in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sLongDate
Solution is to change the long date format to something different or change in control panel time and date settings to e.g. English.
This problem may also affect database creation so you may need to uninstall ADONIS:CE and install it again (especially if you get the message “[alogin-05] Database ’adonisdb’ does not exist!”)
4) I don’t know how to add APQC PCF models to ADONIS:CE
The set of APQC PCF models for ADONIS:CE available for download plus a video showing the import step by step can be found on our page:
I still need help!
If the installation failed or you encountered a different problem please let us know (email@example.com) sending the following info:
a) Your OS (Windows version)
b) Logs from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap
c) (if necessary) additional screenshots showing problem